Thursday, April 26, 2012

Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely

I see it all the time in this forum, girls mention their hair is waist, hip, knee-length or longer, and no matter what the question was they're automatically told they need to cut it off; by people whose avatars suggest their hair is anywhere from shoulder length to buzzcut.



So, my question is, what is it that causes the kneejerk reaction to express disgust and send them off to the salon? Please, don't tell me it's because it's "not in style", as I've always felt that a too convenient answer with not much thought put into it. Styles come and go, and I, for one, don't want to be forever rechopping my hair to keep up with it. There are some who consider short hair unfeminine, but I don't recall ever reading an answer on here telling a short-haired girl she might want to grow her hair out a bit if she wants to be attractive.



So, let閳ユ獨 assume that there閳ユ獨 a hypothetical person with 閳ユ甫nfashionably閳?long hair, but it閳ユ獨 shiny, feels silky to the touch, and is healthy (because I agree



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

Sometimes REALLY long hair looks unhealthy toward the ends, but is it really anyone's business how you do your hair?



I shaved my head, and, as a woman, got a lot of "wow, you're BRAVE" and double-takes (like "why is that dude wearing a skirt?"). People are going to make silly remarks about your hair no matter what. It's just easier (and faster) to cut hair than it is to grow it out. What are they going to tell a bald girl, "don't ask that guy out for two years so you have a decent head of hair on you"?! Ridiculous.



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

When it gets too long it just starts to look nasty. The longer it is the harder it is to take care of. It just looks healthier when its somewhat shorter.



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

My question for people with long hair is: How often do you wash it?



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

Simple, JL......



Nobody wants the hair so long that it could somehow accidentally get poop in it. Hair should be shorter than the poop chute.



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

I think REALLY long hair just looks bad on people. Some might look ok, but none that I have seen. Basically, the hair gets so long that it's heavy so there is no volume... it just sort of hangs there. Normally people with super long hair don't have layers and i think that looks boring, hair is best with some movement and some face-framing layers. Often girls don't trim their hair often enough so the ends get scraggly. Short girls especially look bad with extremely long hair because it's just too much... makes them look dumpy. I know the idea of Rapunzel is very feminine but in all honesty I just don't think really long hair looks good on anyone, and I've known people who had really long hair. They hardly ever style it, it's just boring.



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

I think that if her hair is honestly in good condition, it's no problem, it's just that most people who do have really long hair really don't seem to take good enough care of it. They seem to always have split ends, which is understandable because it's hard to not have them at that length, and I don't mean to dis because my hair is actually really long right now. I'm thinking of cutting it because it will look "fresher" that way.



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

Bravo, I agree. My hair is real long and when measured in the front goes well past my boobs but not totally to my hips. I think the kneejerk reaction is because people associate long hair with the string ratty mess some people have because it is very hard to keep up with long hair and people just let it go all natural. I keep mine very healthy, thick, shiny, and just all around nice and don't get any negative comments about it, only positive so I think it's just what people associate with long hair. It would help if girls (or boys) say their hair IS long and HEALTHY and kept nice or if they said it is a bit unkempt so it gives people more of a visual but really like you said, styles come and go, i dontthink it's a matter of style and long hair just never fully goes out, there's always some form of it even if thats layering or whatever. And geez, like you said, I take good care of my hair and actually get headaches from it's weight AND it takes me an hour just to brush it out and blow dry it so if I'm taking care of it to look nice you better not be saying ew to long hair. It looks a lot more feminine in my opinion anyways even though short hair can be cute but it's not like some freakshow style unless its unkempt.



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

Yeah, this is a weird reaction that I've noticed here all the time. I think it's just the reaction to the wording. Plus there's no pictures either. I think if the questions came along with a picture of long, silky, shiny %26amp; healthy hair, there would be a better reaction. I'm guessing a lot of people assume that once it does get to a certain length it starts to look nasty (which is possible), probably from past experiences with really long hair.



Overall though, I'd have to say, extremely long hair is extremely sexy on any girl.



Out of curiousity, why the kneejerk "ew" reaction some people have to girls with extremely long hair

Well, I have hair that goes below my but and I keep it VERY clean (cleaner then some people with short hair) and healthy. Personally I think that people tell us to cut it because some could be jelous. MOST guys make it very clear that LONG hair is sexy but allot of women don't have patience to let it grow. When the hair goes down to your ankles or something then that doesn't look sexy anymore, it looks kind of ugly, but women with long hair look very sexy. So jelousy could be the main thing (with some people).

No comments:

Post a Comment