Thursday, April 26, 2012

My hair has gone flat.....WHY????

I have worn my hair short and spikey for the last 3 yrs. I love the style! But in the last 2-3 months my hair has suddenly gone flat. The products I have used (and work up until recently) is the same! The only changes were using a less expensive wax product to style with (which looked great for a while) and switching from a Shampoo/Conditioner combination to separate hair cleansing products. I have since gone back to my salon pomade product.



My hair has never taken to styling well. I have painfully straight hair. It is also very fine, though I do have a lot of it.



I assume (after speaking with my stylist) that build up is the problem. But how do I reverse this??? I want my hair to look cute again...not all flat and boring!!! If I wanted flat and boring I would have stayed with long hair pulled back in a pony tail!!!!



I am so frustrated! How do I fix this?!?! I would LOVE a quick fix...but I know that it is not always an option...TIA!!!!



My hair has gone flat.....WHY????

I'm surprised your stylist didn't recommend a good clarifying treatment or perform one on you there at the salon. Yes, it is true that product buildup, mineral buildup, or even if you've started taking medications or vitamins, you can get a buildup of those on your hair as well. A good clarifying treatment will usually do the trick. Matrix Alternate Action is a good one, also Scruples Hair Clarifyer, Paul Mitchell has Shampoo 3. Also, a thought....did you by chance color your hair, and then you're now due for a retouch on the newgrowth? My hair will do great, but then all of a sudden when I get a 1/2 inch or so newgrowth, it can go flat because it needs the color in there to give it the extra body.



One little trick I've used and recommended to clients is, at home in between clarifying treatments, take a tablespoon of baking soda and mix it in the palm of your hand with shampoo and then lather it up in your hair. Let it set for 3-5 mintues and rinse well. Follow with your conditioner or use a deeper treatment if you prefer. It's great for getting hairspray buildup off the hair.



I hope some of these tricks help you.



My hair has gone flat.....WHY????

wash you hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment